all about em.
Everything you ever wanted to know about me and then some.
From a very early age, I was a talker.
While I'm not entirely sure what my first word was (because hey, I was a baby), I can undoubtedly confirm that I have always been chatty and inquisitive. For people who know me, it's probably no surprise that I wound up in the communications field, but for me, it was a little bit more of a process. While attending school at Hampshire College, my academic advisor of 4 years ultimately deemed me the quietest talkative person he'd ever met, and to this day I don't disagree. I'm definitely reserved to a point and share something only when I feel that it's important.
That said, I've come out of my shell quite a bit in the years since graduating, and in large part, this change is due to working in communications. My time at William Morrow (an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers) encouraged me to be bold, upfront, and outspoken when it came to my projects. And that's not a bad thing, right? This time also afforded me the opportunity to work on a diverse selection, and the fact is, I enjoy it all.
Since I founded Little Lion Communications in October 2018, I've thoughtfully expanded my offering of services for several reasons. Primarily, I wanted to be able to offer my clients a full service, cohesive experience, and almost as importantly, I wanted to tap into all of my talents that happen to compliment each other. To all of my past, present, and future clients, I'm so thankful for the opportunity to work together!
While I could walk you through the minutia of my previous work and experiences, I thought it would be more fun to share some personal factoids:
- My favorite scents are citronella, gasoline, and leather
- That said, I've been a vegetarian nearly my entire life
- I've never met a mushroom I didn't like
- Puns are life and (good) sarcasm is not a defense mechanism
- I read ... a lot ... but I've only ever re-read two books: The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Great Expectations
- If you let me, I will put sriracha on everything and cut the tags out of all of my clothes (sorry mom!)
- I have an unshakable love for Mel Brooks
- Growing up, I always wanted to be Bobbi Brown
- Despite the fact that my adolescent bedroom is decorated in 6 shades of purple, my favorite color is, in fact, green.
- A sampling of my past author publicity campaigns includes: Two Turns From Zero by Stacey Griffith, Aim True by Kathryn Budig, Yes Please by Amy Poehler, The Pioneer Woman by Ree Drummond, The Precious One by Marisa de los Santos, Girl in a Band by Kim Gordon, Hush Hush by Laura Lippman, Sex With Shakespeare by Jillian Keenan, Glop by Gabby Moss, Set the Boy Free by Johnny Marr, Emily Post's Etiquette: 19th Edition by Lizzie Post and Daniel Post Senning, Notes on a Banana by David Leite, Celebrate Everything by Darcy Miller, Shock and Awe by Simon Reynolds, Tippi by Tippi Hedren, V Street by Rich Landau, Love Wins by Jim Obergefell, and 10% Happier by Dan Harris.
- A sampling of my marketing and photography work includes: AJ Banner, Rasa/Rasoi/Kabob & Curry, Rebelle Bagels, Warwick Neck Garden Club, Cyclebar Providence, Hope Street Merchants Association, Evolve Apothecary & Spa, Suite Tart, Reading With Robin, Friends of Justine Caldwell, Friends of Bridget Valverde, Marianna Mae Designs.